Monday, January 13, 2014

Simple supper - Quinoa and Yam Mash

For the first almost 2 weeks of the cleanse, I have been having simple suppers.  I thought I would share the simple supper I had tonight because it was so yummy!  I had quinoa (see top picture) which was cooked for 25 minutes at a 2:1 water:quinoa ratio.  To season the quinoa, I added 1/4 cup diced onion, 1 minced garlic clove, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/8 tsp turmeric, 1/8 tsp paprika, and 1 tsp lemon juice while the quinoa was cooking.  I also added 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, 1/2 cup chopped parsley, and 2 chopped green onions shortly before removing the quinoa from the stove.  The yam mash (see bottom picture) consisted of chopped onions, minced garlic, diced yams, diced beets, chopped zucchini, chopped carrots, chopped shiitake mushrooms, and chopped kale, all sautéed until tender.  To season the yam mash, I added 3 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp coriander, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp cayenne, 1/4 tsp basil/oregano mix.  I also mixed pinto beans with this meal.  This meal was a hearty and delicious winter cleanse meal.  It took approximately 45 minutes to prepare and was simple and easy to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment