Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Simple Supper - Pasta and Chickpeas

Tonight I had another simple supper that was easy to make and was very tasty.  I made brown rice elbows - the brand of rice pasta I prefer is tinkyada because the pasta cooks up perfectly and it has a great texture and taste.  Once the brown rice pasta was done cooking (it took 15 minutes to cook) and was drained, I mixed it with 3 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of sesame oil, 1/4 cup water, 2 minced garlic cloves, 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp basil/oregano mix, 1/4 tsp red chill flakes.  I also mixed in chickpeas (which took 60 minutes to cook after having been soaked for 8 hours)
and a stir fry with onions, garlic, ginger, white mushrooms, zucchini, cauliflower, and black kale.  This meal took approximately 1 hour to prepare (which also included making a salad and doing the dishes) and was a delicious mid week meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment