Thursday, January 31, 2013

Final Day of the Cleanse!!

It is the final day of the cleanse for me and I realize that I posted no new recipes this year!  This is due to the fact that all of the meals that I have had on the cleanse have been a variation on a simple supper with either short grain brown rice, long grain brown rice, or mixed wild rice blend, as well as some type of legume (chickpeas, pinto beans, lima beans, black eyed peas, french lentils, red lentils), and stir fried/baked vegetables.  Sometimes I also included a tahini based sauce or just mixed a freshly squeezed lemon with the stir fry.  Even though this sounds pretty boring, it was even worse when I was in Germany in Sept 2010!  I literally ate the same meal every day (actually 2 times per day because I had leftovers every day for lunch - see above picture for an example!).  Generally it is not a good idea to eat the exact same food every day, but luckily for me, the foods I was eating were low allergenic/easy foods for my system, so I didn't have any concerns.  My meal consisted of wehani/red rice, french lentils, onions, garlic, carrots, and zucchini (all cooked in with the rice - I had limited cookware!!).  I dressed the rice bowl with raw cucumber and a lemon/almond butter mixture and sea salt.  I know it is hard to understand, but I did love the taste of this meal and looked forward to having it every day!  Having said that, I was definitely happy when I got home to my own kitchen and I did avoid french lentils for at least 1 month after my return!

No comments:

Post a Comment