Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Root Vegetable Bake


Tonight for supper, I made a root vegetable bake (see picture to left). To start, I placed yams, beets, onions, garlic, leek, carrots, zucchini, and 3 tbsp of canola oil in a casserole dish and baked it at 350 for 25 minutes. I then added finely chopped black kale and a tahini sauce (which included 2 lemons, freshly squeezed, 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast, 2 tbsp of tahini, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1/8 tsp sea salt, 1/4 cup water) and baked for another 45 minutes/until the vegetables were tender. I also cooked up a mixture of pinto beans and small lima beans (soaked for 4 hours, then cooked for 45 minutes/until tender) which I mixed with the finished root vegetable bake. This was a dish that was very easy to prepare and was a delicious meal for a January evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment