Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Lucky Saturday too!


For the thirtieth day of the cleanse, I started with a fruit smoothie (blueberries, blackberries, banana) for breakfast and then had the hummus that was prepared last night for lunch. For supper, I started with a red leaf lettuce, dandelion greens, and arugula salad and then I lucked out for the second night in a row and had enough leftovers from the quinoa and steamed vegetables that I didn't have to cook again (see picture to the left of the re-heated meal)! When I do have leftovers to heat up, I preheat the oven to 350 degrees, place 1 tsp of canola oil and enough water to cover the bottom of a casserole dish, add the leftovers and heat them for 15 minutes. This results in warm food in a pretty short amount of time. Another break from cooking was a real treat so close to the end of the cleanse!

No comments:

Post a Comment