Friday, January 15, 2010

A Lucky Day!


For the fifteenth day of the cleanse, I started with a fruit smoothie for breakfast and had the pasta and mixed nut butter and lime juice sauce from last night's supper for lunch. For supper, I started with a red leaf lettuce, dandelion greens, and arugula salad. I lucked out and still had leftovers from previous suppers (mainly the pasta from last night and the simple stir fry and tahini sauce from a few nights ago), so I didn't have to cook supper tonight! Over the years, I have grown accustomed to spending 60 minutes preparing/cooking supper before sitting down to eat (this also includes doing the dishes), but it is nice to get a break every so often! To ensure that I have lunch for tomorrow, I cut up raw veggies (carrots and cauliflower) and made hummus from the extra chickpeas that were cooked last night (see picture to the left). For snacks during the cleanse, I have been having fruit or raw and unsalted nuts. Because fruit is digested at a different pace than other foods, it is best to eat fruit at least 30 minutes before or 60 minutes after eating other food, so it is perfect to have as a snack (rather than as a dessert, directly post meal). However, I do find that if the fruit is blended or the other food being eaten with the fruit is blended (like in a fruit smoothie), it makes it easier for the digestive system to manage the combination of foods and should place no stress on the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment