Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hummus and fresh veggies


For the fifth day of the cleanse, I started as usual with a fruit smoothie for breakfast and had rice pasta and chickpeas from last night's supper for lunch. Tonight I had a light supper of hummus and fresh veggies (see picture to the left). I made extra chickpeas last night (I soaked 2 cups of chickpeas, which makes 4 cooked cups of chickpeas - 2 cups were used in the rice pasta and chickpeas meal and 2 cups were left over for tonight's hummus), so it was very quick and easy to make the hummus tonight (it took 10 minutes). I cut up fresh carrots, celery, and cauliflower to dip in the hummus. Rice cakes and spelt pita (if a person is doing a wheat free cleanse, rather than a gluten free cleanse) are also great for dipping in hummus. A light, but satisfying and filling meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment