Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Seed Update!

Of the seeds that I planted on March 19, the calendula was the first to show through soil on March 24 (see top picture)!  One of the moneymaker tomatoes (see second picture from the top - the seedlings are very hard to see, but they are up through the soil!) and one of the Tiffen Mennonite tomatoes (see middle picture) have sprouted up today!  I currently have the pots on a window sill (with west exposure) in the stairwell and they seem to like it there (see second picture from the bottom) - I am currently out of room on this window sill though, so the new pots have to find another home!  I have also started chamomile and lemon balm seeds this week and picked up hyssop, echinacea, butterfly weed, and borage seeds that I plan to start as well.  Upon looking though the vegetable seeds that I picked up earlier this month, I realized that some of the West Coast seeds I bought weren't organic (specifically the snow and shelling peas, bean, zucchini, and mesclun mix)!  I was able to easily return them though to Earth's General Store and picked up organic replacements from Stellar Seeds instead (see bottom picture).





No comments:

Post a Comment