Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Delicious Baked Brussel Sprouts!!

I have long been a fan of brussel sprouts, but I had only ever eaten them steamed.  Recently I have been seeing lots of pictures of baked brussel sprouts, so I decided to try it out - the results are delicious!!  Since trying it 3 weeks ago, I have been making a baked brussel sprouts and yam dish once a week.  To prepare, I peel and chop the yams and cut the brussel sprouts into halves or quarters and place in a canola oiled baking dish and then bake at 350 degrees.  After 30 minutes, I have been mixing in a sauce made with 2 cloves of chopped garlic, 2 freshly squeezed lemons, 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast, 2 tbsp of canola oil, 1 tbsp of tahini, and 1 tbsp of basil and then baking for another 30-45 minutes.  Tonight, I mixed this dish with brown lentils and a stir fry of onions, garlic, shiitake mushrooms, green beans, broccoli, and black kale (see above picture).  This is a particularly yummy winter meal and I am so glad that it is now a regular part of my supper choices!

1 comment: