Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Spring!!


With the official arrival of spring, I am looking forward to the upcoming gardening season (even though it still seems quite far away with all of the snow we still have!!). I was very happy to find Stellar Seeds and Urban Harvest certified organic seeds a few weeks ago at Earth's General Store (9605 - 82nd Avenue, Edmonton, 780-439-8725) - previously I have a hard time finding certified organic kale seeds in Edmonton, but last year I was able to find them at Earth's General Store and I was happy to see them so early this year. I picked up a great variety of lettuce, spinach, kale, collards, carrot, bean, pea, arugula, zucchini, cucumber (which never seem to grow for me, but hopefully I will have better luck this year!), and leek (which I haven't planted before and I look forward to seeing how things unfold) seeds. I can't wait to plant the seeds, watch the plants grow and then eat the freshly picked veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment