Sunday, February 6, 2011

Coconut oil!


The remainder of the cleanse went well, but I was mainly drawing from already posted recipes and simple suppers, so unfortunately I didn't have new recipes to share. As well, the cleanse ended a few days early for me (at my favorite restaurant, Fresh!) because I went to Toronto for a class on Jan 29 and 30th. The class focused on healthy blood sugar balance and the wide ranging impact it has on all the systems in our body. One of the simple suggestions for healthy blood sugar balance that I picked up from the class was to integrate coconut oil into our daily routines, at 1 tsp 3 times per day (if possible) to support stabilized blood sugar throughout the day. So far, I am only managing to integrate it into my morning smoothie, but it has been easy to do and it adds a yummy coconut flavor to the smoothie. If you do not like the taste of coconut, you can pick up refined coconut oil - the refined coconut oil still offers the benefits of unrefined coconut oil, but tends to have a less strong taste. The reason I went with the brand in the above picture (which is an unrefined coconut oil) is because it is in a glass jar and it is always best to purchase fat based foods in glass to prevent the leaching of xeno-estrogens found in plastic containers into the food that is in the plastic container.

No comments:

Post a Comment